Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Frank Viva, Illustrator


Canadian illustrator Frank Viva is a lot like his name: straightforward and full of life. I've been a fan of his work for a long time.

Above is his illustration for the Jan. 18th, 2010 edition of the "New Yorker".

Frank always has lots of irons in the fire (or pens in the inkwell). One of his many projects is Whigby, a company producing and selling cards, wrapping paper, posters etc. Here is my favourite Whigby wrapping paper design:

Alarm clocks and aliens. Shaky shaky, wakey wakey!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! I enjoyed Viva's cover for The New Yorker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pollux! I am hoping that this will be the first of many future New Yorker covers for Frank.
    P.S.
    Enjoyed my visit to "emdashes", and your cartoons.
    A.K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, A.K.! I appreciate you looking at them. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete